Pupil Mobile Phones
Some parents allow their children to have access to mobile telephones at home and in the community. There is normally no need for pupils to have a mobile phone on school premises but we accept that there may be exceptional circumstances where parents see a need for their child to carry a mobile phone on their journey to and from school.
In these exceptional circumstances, parents may obtain a form and apply for permission for their child to bring a mobile phone onto school premises. Where this permission is given the pupil must comply with the rules below.
Unless permission is granted, mobile phones must not be brought onto school premises by pupils. Mobile phones brought onto school premises or on activities or visits by pupils without permission will be confiscated and parents will be required to visit the school to have the phone returned to them in person.
- Pupils will not be allowed to have mobile phones on school premises or to take them on visits or other school initiated activities unless their parents have sought and been granted permission to do so, by the headteacher, by completing the permission form.
- Parents agree that they will ensure that the phone has parental controls to limit its access to websites that are unsuitable for children.
- Pupils must not take pictures or make video recordings with mobile phones on the school premises without the headteacher’s permission.
- Pupils must switch mobiles off and hand it in to their teacher on arrival where it will returned at the end of the school day.
- If any pupil has a need to contact their parents by telephone during the school day, it must be done through the normal channels using the school telephone system; likewise if any parent needs to contact its child during the school day, it must be done through the school telephone system.
- The phone must be labeled clearly with the pupil’s name.
- Mobile phones must never be used on school premises to connect to the internet.
- Ivy Bank Primary School is not responsible for any loss or damage to the mobile phone whilst it is on the school premises
You will need to complete THIS FORM