PE and Sports Premium Funding
Purpose of the Funding
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
All pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools. We would expect indicators of such improvements to include:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles.
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- Increased participation in competitive sport.
How are we using the funding to benefit our children?
- Hiring qualified sports coaches to provide additional After School Clubs.
We aim to promote healthy and active lifestyles and provide sporting opportunities for all our children regardless of their sporting ability, gender, social background and special educational needs, whilst enabling the most able children to participate in high level competitions.
Building on the success of last year’s deployment of funding, we are pleased to have offered a variety of sporting experiences to all the children, which has been recognised at Ivy Bank by gaining a GOLD GAMES MARK for the third year running.