Admission to The Owlery
Thank you for visiting the Admission to The Owlery webpage. Please follow the steps below to make an application:
If you are interested in accessing a place within The Owlery Resource Provision, you should contact the local authority on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any referrals will then be considered by the Resource Provision Lead Teacher: Mrs. Warrington; the Ivy Bank SENDCo: Mrs. Barber and the Ivy Bank Headteacher: Mrs. Gill to ensure that the following criteria are met:
- Age Range: EYFS2 to Year 6
- All children must have an Education, Health Care Plan (EHCP)
- All children must have a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC)
- The primary need identified on the EHCP must be Communication and Interaction. Census records would be expected to record the primary need as ASC.
- There must be clear evidence that the child's cognitive ability shows some areas within the low average range or above. Pupils performance in English or Maths should indicate the potential to achieve at least Pre Key Stage Standard 3 at Key Stage 1 and Pre Key Stage 5 at Key Stage 2.
- Pupils will have the ability to communicate verbally without full reliance on communication aids. They may require the use of some visuals to support communication and have speech therapy support programmes.
- The child must be able to access some learning within the mainstream classroom on a daily basis; minimum of 40%.
Admission will not be agreed if:
- Parents/Carers are not in agreement of the strategies used at the school and are not willing to support these at home.
- Admission of the child would compromise the health and safety of pupils or staff within the school.
- Admission of the pupil would compromise or disrupt the education of pupils already in attendance.
- The agreed number of funded places by the Local Authority is fully subscribed and admitting children over this number would be incompatible with the efficient education of other pupils or the efficient use of resources.
You will receive communication from the Local Authority about the outcome of your application.
If you would like any further information about this process and The Owlery, please do not hesitate to contact the Resource Provision Lead Teacher, Mrs. Warrington – email@example.com.