Welcome to Ivy Bank Primary School
This website offers a picture of life at Ivy Bank illustrating the vision and values we work hard to deliver, whilst offering our staff and pupils a virtual learning environment.
Please enjoy exploring the various sections of our website and learning a little about life at Ivy Bank. Visits to our school are always welcome.
- To be an inclusive school and to put into place this practice in all aspects of our work so that all learners are given equality of opportunity and treated fairly.
- To promote and achieve high standards for all by providing teaching and learning of the highest quality.
- To treat learners as individuals and to take account of their individual and special needs.
- To provide for learners’ physical, mental, social, spiritual, moral and cultural needs.
- To provide well for learners care, health and safety.
- To ensure that all learners benefit from a rich, broad and balanced curriculum presented in an interesting, exciting and imaginative manner.
- To teach the basic skills and core subjects well and to give equal emphasis to the foundation subjects – this will be central to our work.
- To make relevant connections between curriculum areas and apply basic skills across the whole curriculum.
- To give responsibility to learners and develop their self-confidence by contributing to the community.
- To make parents and the wider community partners with the school and to involve them in the evaluation of its success.
- To build an ethos marked by a welcoming, friendly, bright and lively environment where learners feel secure. A place where excellent behavior is expected and children enjoy coming to.